Our 2019 Fall Reunion promises
to be an historic event in the Valley of Dayton –
and with the initiation fee waived for this fall class cycle only!
- Honoring veterans – every candidate will receive a commemorative jewel and veterans will receive a special veterans pin for the ribbon
- Awarding Sammy L. Davis Peace and Freedom Awards to all honorably discharged veterans whose service information is in their member profile (you can provide this through the Member Center (https://scottishritenmj.org/member-center)
- A special DeMolay Night in honor of Commander Glattly (November 8) honoring local DeMolays with the highest honor for active members
- The reunion on Saturday, November 9, with the 14th and 32nd Degrees and some special surprises in store
- ALL of this with the initiation fee waived! Candidates who joined at the Midwinter and Spring Reunions will have their 2020 dues waived
Click this link for an online petition https://scottishritenmj.org/join
Special printed petitions for the period May 11 – November 9 are also available in the Scottish Rite office BUT the online petition provides an easy and more efficient way for us to receive their application
As you know, the Valley of Dayton is one of the sponsors of our new Dayton Chapter of DeMolay at the Dayton Masonic Center. On Saturday, January 5, 2019, some new Advisory Council Members met with members of the Executive Staff of Ohio DeMolay.
Our Executive Officer, Martin Woodworth, has given us a goal of 16 new members. While the number is ambitious, so is the Advisory Council in its hopes and dreams for this new chapter.
On February 16, at the Midwinter Reunion, we will go to recess and the State Officers of Ohio DeMolay will confer the Initiatory Degree of DeMolay on our candidates at 1:00 PM. If you have never seen a DeMolay degree, this is the time!!
Our new Chapter will meet from 7:00pm-8:30pm on the first and third Wednesday of each month starting March 6, 2019.
Attached is a Petition for Degrees. Each of you know a young man 12 to 21 years old who might enjoy the fellowship of DeMolay. The cost for a life membership is $35. We would urge that you approach the parents and young man about some of the advantages of DeMolay. For further information, refer them to BeADeMolay.org. Completed petitions can be returned to the Dayton Masonic Center addressed to the Chapter (Dayton Chapter DeMolay, Dayton Masonic Center, 525 W. Riverview Ave., Dayton OH 45405).
Additionally, we need Advisors. We currently have two Officers and two Trustees of this Valley as Advisors. We need as many as we can get. You can go to DeMolay.org, and click on “Get Involved.” When you get to the place where you need to pay for registration, contact Randy Clark. Randy can also answer any questions you may have (hit reply to this email or call the office at 937-222-9103).
This is the 100th year of DeMolay. If Dayton Chapter will succeed, it depends on the most active members of our Valley – you.
J. Randolph Clark, 33° Terry W. Posey, PGMPast State Master CouncilorOhio DeMolay
We’re now tracking whether or not our members are veterans. One of the core values of the Scottish Rite is Devotion to Country. Among the most devoted Scottish Rite Masons are those who have served our country in the Armed Forces. BUT we don’t know who you are.
- The easiest way for you to update this information is to visit the online member center where you can update your personal information including your military service –https://scottishritenmj.org/member-center.
- You’ll need to register with your member number and email address but it is convenient and simple. You can also see your degree history and other member information.
You can find your member number on your membership card. If you can’t find your card or number please contact the office by calling 937-222-9103 x. 222 or by emailing [email protected].
- If you cannot do the online update, please contact the office as noted above.